Unable To Start MindsDB Sever After Re-Installation

Hi Zoran and All,

I had a similar SQL Server error when creating the dataset during my first Windows version installation, while waiting for Zoran to work on the fix, I’ve attempted to reinstall using other copies including the link in @dajwani post (https://mindsdb-installer.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/mindsdb-installer/windows/MindsDB_Latest-Setup.exe) and also the standard download link Windows - MindsDB Documentation. However, both have failed to start MindsDB Server with the following error log …

C:>“C:\Program Files\MindsDB\run_server.bat”

C:>C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\python.exe -m mindsdb --api=http,mysql

✓ telemetry enabled

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\runpy.py”, line 183, in run_module_as_main
File “D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\runpy.py”, line 142, in get_module_details
File “D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\runpy.py”, line 109, in get_module_details
File "C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\mindsdb_init
.py", line 97, in
from mindsdb_native import *
File "C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\mindsdb_native_init
.py", line 10, in
from mindsdb_native.libs.controllers import functional
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\mindsdb_native\libs\controllers\functional.py”, line 12, in
from mindsdb_native.libs.data_types.mindsdb_logger import log
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\mindsdb_native\libs\data_types\mindsdb_logger.py”, line 6, in
from mindsdb_native.libs.helpers.text_helpers import gen_chars
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\mindsdb_native\libs\helpers\text_helpers.py”, line 19, in
import flair
File "C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\flair_init
.py", line 19, in
from . import models
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\flair\models_init_.py”, line 1, in
from .sequence_tagger_model import SequenceTagger, MultiTagger
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\flair\models\sequence_tagger_model.py”, line 20, in
from flair.embeddings import TokenEmbeddings, StackedEmbeddings, Embeddings
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\flair\embeddings_init_.py”, line 6, in
from .token import TokenEmbeddings
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\flair\embeddings\token.py”, line 13, in
import gensim
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\gensim_init_.py”, line 11, in
from gensim import parsing, corpora, matutils, interfaces, models, similarities, utils # noqa:F401
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\gensim\corpora_init_.py”, line 6, in
from .indexedcorpus import IndexedCorpus # noqa:F401 must appear before the other classes
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\gensim\corpora\indexedcorpus.py”, line 14, in
from gensim import interfaces, utils
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\gensim\interfaces.py”, line 19, in
from gensim import utils, matutils
File “C:\PROGRA~1\MindsDB\python\lib\site-packages\gensim\matutils.py”, line 1024, in
from gensim._matutils import logsumexp, mean_absolute_difference, dirichlet_expectation
File “gensim_matutils.pyx”, line 1, in init gensim._matutils
ValueError: numpy.ndarray size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 88 from C header, got 80 from PyObject

It seems like my installation has missed something but don’t know what it is, although there is no error with the installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @peterngo I have sent you a link to the beta version on slack. Let me share it here too Download Beta version. I hope this will help the issue you got with GUI and also above one with NumPy. Please try this and share info with us if it works. All of the new features and bug fixes should be deployed to the stable installer by next week.

Hi Zoran,

Thank you very much for replying to my post on short notice. The latest Beta version was good. I was able to install it and manage to have the Server up and running.

Yes, I can now see all those Dependencies (Mssql, S3, Google, Athena, Snowflake and Lightgbm_gpu). However, I am not able to install any of those dependencies.

No error message is shown in either the Server Console or GUI Console.

Please have a look and let me know, how I can obtain any log on why it was not able to install any of those dependencies.

Here is the Server console log

Thanks @peterngo for trying our beta installer. The above issue was reported already few times. It is kind of tricky because mssql on some machines requires additional dependencies and that was the reason why we have set this up as an optional dependency. While we are looking for a solution, maybe we can schedule another call so I can help you set this up? Just ping me on slack